Workstation Set Up
Your workstation should be set up to cause the least amount of stress on your body. Prolonged hours of poor posture or repetitive work habits, often in a stressful environment can result in significant overuse injury. Applying the following points can help to minimise such injuries.
Important points to note :
- Sit in front of your workstation such that your monitor is directly front on.
- Your arms should be at right angles from your shoulders when you type.
- Your wrists should be in line with your forearms, both horizontally and vertically.
- Your keyboard should be flat.
- The top of your monitor should be level with your eyes.
- Do not sit too close to your monitor ? at least an arms length away.
- Ensure your seat is properly adjusted.
- If your feet don?t reach the ground, use a foot rest.
- Do not reach too far for your mouse, keep it close to your keyboard and support your arm on the desk when using your mouse.
- Use a document holder attached to the side of the monitor.
- Take regular breaks every hour, stretch your legs and perform simple mobility exercises to limber.